Help Wild Salmon
Be a Clean Water Hero
Salmon-Safe's top ten ways you can take action for wild salmon and be a Clean Water hero!
- Take action through Pacific Rivers, Earth Justice, American Rivers, Save our Wild Salmon and many other advocacy organizations working to help keep rivers clean enough for wild salmon to spawn and thrive.
- Choose wild salmon rather than farmed www.montereybayaquarium.org
- Go pesticide–free in your lawn and garden www.beyondpesticides.org
- Vote with your fork by choosing Salmon-Safe, Biodynamic, USDA Organic www.organicconsumers.org
- Vote environment by supporting candidates who support free flowing rivers and wild fish www.lcv.org
- Turn off the lights and reduce energy consumption that imperils Columbia River salmon www.wildsalmon.org
- Drive less since copper and other metals in car brake pads endanger fish salmon www.pugetsoundpartnership.com
- Flame resistant salmon? Avoid clothing and household products containing flame retardants www.nwfsc.noaa.gov
- Make healthy choices for cleaning by using natural products www.oeconline.org
- Restore salmon nation by replacing non-native plants with natives, installing rainwater harvesting systems, and reducing impermeable surfaces www.salmonnation.com